Philip is a Partner in the Real Estate Investment & Asset Management group, within the Real Estate team.
Philip has an externally recognised expertise in investment funds and commercial property. His clients include FCA authorised fund promoters, high net worth individuals and property development and investment corporations. He specialises in investment property, and much of his work involves tax efficient, finance related property transactions utilising complex offshore structures.
Philip also has a specialism in acting for high net worth individuals from the former CIS and Middle East in respect of high-value residential property, for occupation and investment.
Philip is recommended for Real Estate and Investment Funds by the legal directories.
- Marchmont Investment Management Ltd: Advising on the establishment of Jersey based Marchmont Atlas Portfolio Ltd. Marchmont Atlas has invested in a commercial, retail, office and light industrial property portfolio, worth in excess of £31m, located throughout the UK. Borrowings were secured from an offshore bank. The underlying property owning companies are part of an innovative structure designed to minimise tax leakage through the management of debt between the various entities in the structure and therefore maximise income.
- A Bahrain based Islamic Bank: Advising on Shari’ah compliant investment and development structures.
- Tritax Securities LLP: Advising on all aspects of fund restructuring and bank debt renegotiations.
- Bolsover Street Limited: Advising on the purchase of a development property in 19 Bolsover Street W1, in a Jersey structure, including senior and mezzanine finance arrangements.
- An FCA regulated Investment fund promoter and distributor: Advising on the formation of a tax efficient offshore structure, for investment by both on- and offshore individuals, SIPPS, SASS etc., into which Polish real estate can be purchased for development and onward sale. The initial fund size was €90m.