Lois is an Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure team.
Lois advises developers, funders, contractors and professional consultants on non-contentious construction matters from procurement route to contract drafting and negotiation. Lois has experience advising clients on a wide range of developments including commercial, residential, mixed use, social housing and energy projects. Lois is particularly interested in sustainable construction and the impact of construction on the environment.
Prior to joining Ashfords LLP, Lois trained in London and Dubai qualifying and working in the global Projects and Construction team at Clyde & Co LLP. Lois also worked in the Construction team at Stephens Scown LLP.
- Acting for a large UK developer negotiating and putting in place construction contracts for a hotel refurbishment and construction of residential apartments involving multiple funders.
- Negotiating and putting in place a JCT 2016 standard building contract for a luxury penthouse refurbishment.
- Acting for a large UK developer in respect of the forward sale of a headlease of a mixed use building.
- Acting for a local authority in relation to the acquisition of a multi-unit retail centre.
- Acting for a property investment fund to negotiate terms of an EPC and O&M contract for use on multiple solar PV system installations.
- Acting for a developer to negotiate terms of a bespoke modular building contract for the design and construction of holiday park units.
- Acting for a developer to negotiate and put in place professional consultant appointments in respect of a quayside regeneration project.
- Acting for a social housing provider to negotiate the construction aspects of a development agreement for the construction of affordable units for rent.