Laura advises private clients in relation to drafting Wills, Trusts and dealing with the Administration of Estates. She also advises clients who are making provision for incapacity by putting in place Powers of Attorney or by making applications to the Court of Protection.
Prior to qualifying as a Solicitor Laura gained four years' experience as a Paralegal in the Trusts and Estates Team and acquired relevant experience by spending time in the Real Estate and Disputed Wills and Trusts teams.
Laura passed with distinction the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP) diploma in Trusts and Estates which is a qualification internationally recognised as expertise in this area
Laura was described as "knowledgeable and approachable" by Legal 500 2017.
- Private clients: Advising on and drafting Wills including complex Wills containing discretionary trusts and life interest trusts to provide asset protection. Also providing Inheritance Tax advice, including lifetime tax planning options.
- Private clients: Advising in relation to the preparation, operation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney, Enduring Powers of Attorney and General Powers of Attorney.
- Private clients: Completing applications to the Court of Protection in relation to the appointment of a Deputy, Statutory Wills and other specific decisions requiring the Court's authority.
- Private clients: Acting for executors in the administration of a large number of non-taxable and taxable estates including all Inheritance Tax reporting formalities.
- Private clients: Advising on Estate Administration including dealing with foreign assets and wills, making claims for a transferable nil rate band, the residence nil rate band and claims for Business Property Relief and Agricultural Property Relief.
Thank you Laura for your very professional help & promptness, you made this so easy for me.