Kim is a Partner in the Corporate Team.
Kim specialises in the acquisition, development and complex multi-sourced financing of clean power and renewables projects. He has acted for international and domestic private investors and PE funds in the renewable energy sector. Kim also has significant experience in the food and waste sectors with particular in-depth knowledge of CEA technologies, water treatment centres, organic recovery solution plants, large-scale B2B food logistic centres.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Kim was General Counsel for a specialist ESG fund manager dedicated to the energy infrastructure sector.
- Acted for Octopus Investments on its £750m rollout of solar, flexgen and other renewable assets.
- Advised European division of Shunfeng on divestment of multiple UK based large-scale solar assets.
- Advised Hanwha Q Cells on the divestment of its UK solar portfolio to NextEnergy.
- Acted for Sterling Wilson on establishing their joint venture with Balance Power, in relation to developing flexgen assets.
- Acted for Octopus Investments on funding the roll-out of its 500MW largescale flexible generation portfolio.
- Acting for solar and battery storage developers on structuring, funding and divestment of various unsubsidised largescale energy generation projects.
- Acting for one of the country's largest handlers of fresh produce on various diversification projects including in low carbon polytunnels, vertical farming and innovative 'last mile' food infrastructure.
- Advising a leading supplier of fresh food brands to major retailers and consumers on various B2B and B2C acquisitions.
- Acted for Noble Foods acquisition of Hi Peak the UK's largest 100% organic manufacturer of feeds, blends, minerals and speciality products.
- Advised O3Biotech (biosecurity solution provider) on its Series A fund raising.
- Advising Minor Weir and Willis (fresh produce suppliers and packers) on its partnership with Oddbox (national fruit and vegetable retailer).
- Advised Small Robot Company (robotic plant intelligence company) on its Series A fund raising.
- Advised Foresight Group on the deployment of £100m of EIS/VCT funds into various environmentally focussed projects.
- Acted for Earthworm on the deployment of £60m into various EIS qualifying projects operating within the recovery solution sector.
- Worked with Mattioli Woods on a funding programme designed to create one of the country's largest privately owned national reaching organics processing businesses.