Katie is a Solicitor in the Public Sector team, specialising in public sector procurement, subsidy control and grant funding.
Katie assists the team with all aspects of public sector contracts, including advising on the procurement rules, drafting procurement and contractual documentation, assisting with the management of the procurement process and dealing with post completion contractual issues such as variations and waivers.
Katie also regularly advises both public sector bodies and private parties on the application of the State aid rules and the UK’s international commitments on subsidy control in the context of grant funding programmes. This includes funding from the European Regional Development Fund, the European Structural Investment Funds, the Levelling Up Fund, the Future High Streets Fund, the Port Infrastructure Fund and the Culture Recovery Fund.
Katie assists the team in delivering training to clients and other organisations on the developments in the public sector, including the recent Subsidy Control Act, and the upcoming changes to the UK procurement regime.
- Ashford Borough Council: Advising on the Ashford International Studios Project for the regeneration of a brownfield site and former railway works into a film and TV studios, housing and commercial space which received £14.7 million from the Levelling Up Fund.
- Wandsworth Borough Council: Advising in relation to all of its procurement and contractual matters, including the procurement of seven framework agreements for professional property services.
- Wandsworth Borough Council: Advising the Council on its £97 million outsourcing of its leisure and culture services, by way of concession contracts.
- The Royal Parks: Advising on the procurement of Landscape Maintenance Services and a Car Parking Services Concession, including drafting procurement documentation, evaluation processes and procedural requirements.
- The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea: Advising on the procurement of framework agreements in relation to the refurbishment of the Council’s property portfolio.
- Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council: Assisting with the setting up of a Dynamic Purchasing System for the delivery of superfast broadband.
- Brick by Brick Limited: Advising this Housing Delivery Vehicle, which is wholly owned by the London Borough of Croydon, in relation to contractual matters.
- Torbay Council: Advising on the application of the subsidy control rules for a number of grant funded projects.
- Large Retail Client: Assisting with various procurements, including procurement documentation, evaluation process, procedural requirements, clarifications, and contract award for a 5 lot £350m ATM procurement.
- Wholly owned local authority company: Advising on the design, implementation and management of a bespoke procurement process for a services concession on behalf of local authority owned regeneration company.
- Statutory Harbour Authorities: Advising on compliance with the UK’s international subsidy control commitments and the Subsidy Control Act 2022, and preparing Subsidy Control Measures assessments for the receipt of various grant funding awards.
- Levelling Up Fund: Advising various Local Authorities on compliance with the UK’s international subsidy control commitments and the Subsidy Control Act 2022, and preparing Subsidy Control Measures assessments for the defrayment of grant funding from the Levelling Up Fund.
- State aid advice: Advising on compliance with the State aid rules, and preparing State aid assessments for various recipients of grant funding.