Charlotte is an Associate is the Commercial Team.
Charlotte has a breadth of experience in the Technology Sector, supporting clients with outsourcing arrangements, software licensing, and supply of goods and services agreements. Charlotte regularly advises start-ups on their terms and conditions for sale and data protection compliance (such as privacy notices, cookies compliance and data protection policies). Charlotte has extensive experience supporting larger organisations with commercial contract negotiations including services agreements, reseller or distributor arrangements, complex data processing terms, as well as advising on data protection aspects such as sharing arrangements and international data transfers.
Charlotte’s advises clients on both the customer and supplier side so she is familiar with the key issues that arise and can offer practical and pragmatic advice.
Charlotte has undertaken several client secondments to support in-house legal teams, providing BAU support with commercial contracting negotiations, in addition to strategic advice around data processing arrangements.
- Form3 – assisting Form3 Financial Cloud (the leading cloud-native payment technology provider for banks and regulated fintechs) with general commercial matters, including the redrafting of its customer terms and conditions which required an analysis of such terms against the EBA guidelines to ensure compliance, as well as supporting with a number of enterprise customer negotiations, including its partnership with Lloyds Banking Group to accelerate its digital transformation.
- Network Merchants Limited – NMI is a supplier of payment gateway services which unify payments across in-store, mobile, online or self-service, to deliver a singular view from wherever the transaction takes place. As part of an in-house secondment, Charlotte advised on day-to-day commercial matters associated with NMI’s services and supply contracts, including supporting the sales team with customer negotiations and advising the business on its data protection compliance.
- Hardware and Software Manufacturer – as part of a flexible secondment arrangement, Charlotte provides additional support to this technology company’s existing legal team, including advising on licensing arrangements, reseller agreements, white labelling and privacy projects.
- Las Olas – advising this rum manufacturer on its website compliance, supply and distribution agreements.
- Confidential client - Charlotte advised a technology company in respect of the data protection implications of its COVID-19 related antibody testing capability. The contract required careful management of ownership of the data, IPR and detailed data protection advice. Charlotte advised on the data protection arrangement and, following completion of the project, provided further advice in respect of the company’s collection, storage and processing of personal data, including special category data, advising on its wider data protection compliance as a business.