Ceris is a Trainee Solicitor in the Commercial Litigation Team within the Dispute Resolution department.
Ceris supports the Commercial Litigation Team in providing legal services to both individual and company clients.
Ceris completed her LPC with a MSc in Law and Business at the University of Law in 2019 achieving a Distinction.
Prior to starting her Training Contract, Ceris spent two years as a Paralegal in the firm’s Trusts and Estates Team. She supported the team on range of legal matters concerning private individuals. Ceris also spent six weeks on secondment with a national charity client, working in their legacy administration team.
Ceris completed her Law degree at Bournemouth University in 2016. She completed a placement year during her third year of university, working at both a specialist high-street firm and an international firm. Ceris gained varied legal and extensive administrative experience.
- Private individuals: Assisting both the Commercial Litigation and Employment teams in acting for two individuals who had an urgent interim injunction brought against them by a PLC. The claim was for breach of non-compete and confidentiality clauses in their employment contracts.
- Overseas government: Supporting the Commercial Litigation team in pursuing a claim relating to the improper use of a country code top-level domain.
- London estate agents: Assisting the team in advising on a range of commercial contract disputes, including in relation to an unpaid estate agency commission on the sale of a property.
- Law firm: Representing a major creditor in an insolvency related matter. The claim was brought against individuals under section 423 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for substantial unpaid legal fees.
- High net worth individual: Assisting the Commercial Litigation team in advising an individual in relation to claims brought for commercial fraud, breach of fiduciary duties and contempt of court.