Ben is an Associate in the Real Estate Team. Ben is experienced in advising on the acquisition and disposal of residential and commercial development land and buildings.
Ben specialises in acting for landlords and tenants in the office, retail, industrial and leisure sectors, and advising on the acquisition and disposal of residential and commercial development land and buildings.
He advises both private and public sector clients. Ben's expertise includes advising on options, clawback and overage provisions and conditional contracts. He also advises on sales and purchases of businesses where the premises are the main assets, including licensed premises.
Ben has an LLM in Advanced Commercial Property Law.
- Regional developer: Acting for a developer on an option to purchase and onward sale of a residential development site in Cornwall, together with an option to purchase adjoining land for industrial development.
- Central government agencies and bodies: Acting for clients in relation to landlord and tenant conveyancing matters, acquisitions and disposals of freehold land and buildings and in connection with a property transfer scheme.
- Private landowner: Acting for a client on the grant of a lease for 9 year term of 42,500 square feet of industrial unit involving an Agreement for Lease, Deed of Variation of existing lease and Reversionary Lease.
- Central government body: Dealing with the registration of title of an entire central government body’s estate in England and Wales involving complex unregistered titles and lack of documentary title.
- Local authority: Acting in connection with a redevelopment project involving relocation of 1954 Act protected tenants.