Amy is a Paralegal in the Property Litigation Team.
Amy joined Ashfords in 2016 following completion of her law degree and assists with a broad range of contentious property and housing matters in both the County Court and First-Tier Property Tribunal.
Amy assists with instructions from local authorities and registered providers of social housing as well as private clients.
The matters Amy assists with are often of a time sensitive and technical nature, including statutory lease extensions and actions arising from breach of lease covenants. Amy is also experienced in dealing with disrepair claims, s204 homelessness appeals and money claims.
Amy is currently studying for the CILEx qualification.
- Banking client: Assisting with a high value mortgage repossession action involving alleged mortgage fraud.
- Local Authority: Assisting in relation to a breach of repairing covenant claim involving damage to commercial premises. Amy attended and assisted at the mediation at which settlement was agreed.
- Private client: Assisting with a lease extension claim where the landlord was missing.
- Local Authority: Assisting with a possession claim in respect of temporary interim accommodation granted pursuant section 188 of the Housing Act 1996.
- Banking client: Assisting with obtaining monetary judgments and charging orders in respect of various unsecured debts and successfully negotiating settlements.