Chartered Legal Executive
Amy is a Chartered Legal Executive in the Property Litigation Team.
Amy works on a range of contentious property and housing matters in both the County Court and First-Tier Property Tribunal, and acts for both residential landlord and tenant clients including local authorities, registered providers, banks, private companies and private individuals.
Amy is often instructed by both landlord and tenant clients in relation to residential lease extensions and collective enfranchisement claims under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and other long leasehold issues such as the Right of First Refusal.
Amy has particular experience in acting for leaseholders who are utilising equity release to fund their lease extension and she works in conjunction with Ashfords’ Equity Release and Residential teams in this respect. Amy has also assisted in acting for leaseholders with high value prime central London property interests against the large London estates.
Amy advises local authorities and housing association clients in relation to a range of residential housing issues including disrepair claims bought by tenants, possession actions, and anti-social behaviour injunctions as well as other breaches of tenancy issues.
Prior to joining Ashfords Amy obtained her law degree from the University of Gloucestershire.
Amy is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives having qualified in 2021.
- London Borough Council: Acting for the Council in relation to over 40 lease extension claims under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 from various tenants over two blocks which were bought simultaneously as a bulk claim.
- Private client: Assisting with a lease extension claim where the landlord was missing.
- Housing Association: Assisting in acting for the housing association against its tenant who was exhibiting severe anti-social behaviour and successfully obtaining an injunction order and retaking possession of the property.
- London Borough Council: Acting for the Council in defending various claims of housing disrepair.
- Banking client: Assisting with obtaining monetary judgments and charging orders in respect of various unsecured debts and successfully negotiating settlements