Chartered Legal Executive
Alex is a Chartered Legal Executive in Real Estate team. He has over 10 years experience including both private practice and in-house roles.
Alex has a broad range of experience in commercial property matters including significant experience in landlord and tenant matters from both a landlord and tenant perspective, acquiring and selling land for development, acting for both borrowers and lenders in real estate finance matters and providing real estate support for corporate deals. Alex has experience in sectors including retail and leisure, renewable energy and SIPP/SSAS.
Prior to joining Ashfords Alex has gained experience in both private practice and in-house, leading the property team in a leading SIPP/SSAS provider for five years before moving back to private practice to work towards qualification as a Chartered Legal Executive, achieving this in April 2021.
- Leading solar farm developer - advising on the renewal and variation of a portfolio of option agreements
- Owner of a large mixed-use market in London - advised on various lease matters including new agreements for lease with both landlord and tenant works, renewal leases and advice on the implications of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Large telecoms provider - advised on various lease matters including renewal leases, dealing with end of lease issues such as dilapidations and advising on lease surrenders and licences to underlet
- Advised on the real estate aspects of a refinancing of a portfolio of golf courses
- Advised on the disposal of a portfolio of private hospitals
- Provided real estate support on the acquisition of a portfolio of magazine titles