Ashfords has been ranked as one of the most active law firms globally in venture capital deals for first quarter of 2018 according to PitchBook. The annual global league table provides a comprehensive ranking of private equity and venture capital (VC) activity worldwide.
The firm has been ranked joint 2nd in Europe, alongside US law firms Cooley and Jones Day, and ranked 16th globally according to figures released by PitchBook earlier this week. Ashfords are the only independent UK law firm to appear in the global league table and have climbed from 4th in Europe and 23rd globally from last year’s rankings. Ashfords has been consistently placed in the top 5 most active law firms in Europe over the past twelve months.
Chris Dyson, Partner and Head of Ashfords' Technology Sector, commented on the firm's ranking:"This is a testament to our strong reputation in the venture capital market. PitchBook is a prestigious league table and our presence confirms our position as a leading venture capital practice in Europe.”
Examples of deals the firm completed globally for clients in the first quarter include:
- Advising Notion Capital on its investment in KisanHub
- Advising Touchstone Innovations in its investment in Reinfer .
- Advising Mobius Motors in its investment by Pan-African Investment Company, Playfair Captial, VestedWorld and others
- Advising Local Globe on its investment into StatusToday
- Advising Mush in its investment by Octopus"
PitchBook's annual global league table details top investors by region, firm headquarters, AUM, as well as the most active law firms and acquirers of PE-backed and VC-backed companies.