Kirsty is Senior Associate in the Employment Team and head of the Firm's Immigration practice. Her area of practice covers all aspects of employment law and HR, and advising on immigration related employment issues. Kirsty qualified in 2008.
Kirsty advises employers in both the public and private sectors on a range of employment issues including conducting disciplinary and grievance processes, managing sickness absence, restructuring and redundancy, the employment aspects of major transactions and the defence of employment tribunal litigation. Kirsty also advises on business immigration issues, including migrant workers’ right to work in the UK, sponsor obligations, sponsor licence applications, visa applications under Tier 1 and Tier 2 and on Brexit related immigration issues.
"Associate to watch, she is sensitive, accurate and helpful" - Chambers 2016 for her immigration work
"She is thorough and her judgement is very sound." – Chambers 2020
- NHS Foundation Trust: Principal advisor to an NHS Foundation Trust (which has over 10,000 employees) on all employment law issues for over five years. Work carried out includes advising and representing the Trust in all Employment Tribunal cases, advising on TUPE and related "service provision change" issues, the review, preparation and application of HR policies, organisational change and re-structuring, the avoidance of discrimination, employment governance, employee payments, general employment relationship advice and immigration issues.
- Waste management client: Advising on the employment aspects of the purchase of a number of businesses including in relation to the consultation process with employees and unions, drafting Settlement Agreements and Consultancy Agreements for outgoing Directors.
- Utility company: Advising on the application of TUPE following a dispute arising during a re-tendering process where the outsourced services were split into eight separate lots with some lots being brought back in house, some being re-tendered, and some being ceased entirely.
- Utility company: Successfully defending a long running claim for unfair dismissal against brought by a vexatious litigant in person. Claims for race, sex and disability discrimination were also successfully knocked out at an early stage of the case at a Preliminary Hearing.
- Various employers: Advising a wide range of employers on all aspects of the Points Based Immigration System, including advice on migrant workers' right to work in the UK; non-EEA recruitment; advice on the obligations of a Sponsor; and preparation of, and advice on, Sponsor Licence Applications.
Kirsty was incredibly helpful in providing detailed instructions on the documents we would need for my visa. Without her help and guidance, it would have been a much harder process to navigate.
Legal 500 2021