Hannah is an Associate in the Real Estate Team.
Hannah advises on a wide variety of commercial and agricultural real estate matters, specialising in development and regeneration projects, secured lending and landlord and tenant advice. Hannah advises clients on all aspects of commercial property including: acquisition and disposal; secured lending; option agreements and conditional contracts; overage; landlord and tenant; agricultural interests and management of investment properties.
Prior to joining the Real Estate Team, Hannah completed her training contract with the firm undertaking six-month seats in the Commercial Property Department, Rural Department and Property Litigation Department. Prior to starting her training contract with Ashfords, Hannah completed her MSc in Law and Business Management at the University of Law and worked as a conveyancer advising on new build property purchases and residential sales.
Hannah was acknowledged by the Legal 500 in 2020 as a key lawyer within the Commercial Property team at Ashfords for Dorset, Devon and Cornwall and is described by interviewees as providing “exceptionally detailed property advice”.
- Local authority: Assisting the Lead Partner with completion of a development agreement for a £250 million town centre redevelopment. Hannah has also assisted a number of local authorities with the acquisition of high value freehold investment and regeneration properties in the retail, entertainment, office and light industrial/warehouse sectors and dealing with the subsequent asset management of those properties
- Housing association: Acting for a housing association in a multi phased acquisition of a development site for circa 100 units of affordable housing from a developer including reviewing and reporting on title and negotiating the transfer which included step in rights to carry out infrastructure works in the event the developer failed to undertake these works.
- Homes and Communities Agency: Advising on the acquisition of and disposal of large-scale development sites including the negotiation of easements, leases and licences with various utility providers.
- Exeter Finance Limited: Acting for the client on the property aspects of its provision of loans to a number of borrowers, primarily for property acquisition and development facilities. Hannah also advises a number of national banks and other secured lenders on all property aspects of secured lending transactions including financing, refinancing, development finance and acquisition finance.
- National housebuilders and registered providers of social housing: Assisting with current and future developments including reporting on title, negotiating infrastructure agreements, development agreements, deeds of variation, contracts (including conditional contracts and option agreements) overage and transfers.
- Property investors: Advising on all aspects of the property portfolio from acquisition, disposal, development, secured lending (finance, refinance and development finance) and landlord and tenant matters.
- Medical bodies: Advising health trusts and clinical commissioning groups on the grant of new and renewal leases and ancillary property management including tenancies at will, licences to occupy and licences to alter.
- Agricultural businesses: Advising on land and property acquisition and disposal, rights of way and land swaps of rural property.
- Charities: Advising registered and non-registered charities and charitable incorporated organisations on the requirements under the Charities Act relevant to the acquisition and disposal of commercial property as well as leasehold transactions.