Barney is a Solicitor in the Corporate Team.
Barney supports the Corporate Team on a variety of matters, including international and domestic mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions and corporate restructuring.
- US sports agency: Advised on a £15 million share purchase of a UK based sports agency business. Work included leading on the due diligence process and drafting and agreeing ancillary documents.
- Management consultants: Assisted on a private equity backed management buyout in the management consultancy industry. Led on the disclosure process and marshalled a documents list of over 100 documents. Solely responsible for handling a simultaneous exchange and completion.
- Early stage businesses: Advised and assisted clients on raising capital for early stage businesses, either through tax efficient share issue schemes or issuing loan notes.
- Private companies: Led on minor share purchases, including drafting share purchase agreements and ancillaries, liaising with clients and sellers’ solicitors to agree documents, and handling completions.
- Private companies: Advised clients on company incorporations and drafted and prepared a variety of company documents, such as shareholder agreements, board minutes and shareholder resolutions, option agreements, articles of association and buyback agreements.