Andy is a Partner in the Corporate team. He deals with a wide range of corporate work, including mergers and acquisitions.
Andy advises on:
- Mergers and acquisitions, on the buy and sell side, for owner managed businesses, institutions and private equity
- Venture capital / equity fundraising transactions for investors and companies
- Shareholders agreements, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and general corporate law.
Andy trained at a top ten City law firm where he spent nearly 15 years working in London and in overseas offices on international transactions.
Andy is recognised in the Legal 500.
- The Ardonagh Group: advising this major international insurance group on several acquisitions, including the acquisition of Stallard Kane, a leading health and safety consultancy, and Sorvio Insurance Brokers, an independent insurance broker
- Pennon plc: advising on the acquisition of:
- Bristol Water for £814m
- three renewable energy generation projects in the UK expected to generate over 95 GWh of electricity annually from solar PV with acquisition and expected build costs for the three projects totalling circa £85 million
- Schlumberger plc: advising this global energy services business on its acquisition of Zilift Limited (a manufacturer of magnet materials for use in the oil & gas sector), and as lead investor on the £12m Series A investment round in respect of QLM Technology Ltd, a photonics technology company which has developed a camera to monitor greenhouse gas emissions.
- Ahren Innovation Capital: advising this Cambridge based fund as lead investor on a $20m Series B funding round for Zoe, the healthcare “at-home test kit” company
- Loaf: Acting for the majority shareholders of leading homeware brand Loaf on the sale to Blue Coast Capital for a significant sum
- Behavioural Insights: advising the management of Behavioural Insights (a company which uses behavioural science to devise low or no-cost interventions that change public behaviour for the better) on the sale to Nesta for £15.4m
- SimplyCook: advising on the sale of this company providing a subscription-based recipe box service, to Nestlé UK
- Bestport Private Equity: advising on the management buy-out of Affinity Fostering Services, a foster care agency, and the related acquisition of Eastern Family Services, with a combined transaction value of £9m