Warren is a partner in the Property Litigation team. Warren has an excellent track record in resolving Real Estate disputes, including negotiations, numerous mediations, and when necessary at trial.
Warren’s expertise is in lease advisory work, including lease renewals, landlord and tenant covenant issues, property exit strategies, dilapidations, rent review, break options, alienation, alterations and insolvency; also in real property disputes including rights of way, boundary issues, restrictive covenants and access to neighbouring land. Warren is a pragmatic and solutions focused lawyer, acting for landlords and tenants with national portfolios, developers, charities, and clients in the healthcare, technology, retail, public, and rural land sectors.
Prior to joining Ashfords Warren headed up the Property Litigation team and Commercial Property department at Thrings LLP.
Warren is a member of the Property Litigation Association, a regular RICS guest speaker (London and the SW), and a trustee of Dorothy House Hospice Care.
- A substantial, well known, international, professional body instructed Warren to advise on the exit from its West London worldwide HQ and relocation to London, EC2, including high value, assorted and complex L&T issues and strategic dilapidations planning.
- A leading provider in estate agency, lettings, and mortgage services instructed Warren for very many years to advise on its national property portfolio. L&T issues have included high value “user clause” considerations, complex lease renewals, break notices, managing dilapidations, and service charge and other landlord’s covenant issues.
- A provider of mental health care facilities operating from several hundred sites instructed Warren on its national healthcare property portfolio, including a range of lease renewal issues and also a £1/3m dilapidations claim with complex supersession and sub tenancy issues arising.
- Acting for a prestigious developer in a high profile and leading Court of Appeal case concerning the award of damages for trespass based on a hypothetical negotiation.
- A UK Limited company, its directors, and the company’s inward investor clients, have for many years instructed Warren on a wide range of their personal and investment property portfolio matters, including office premises in London W1 and a variety of high value residential L&T issues and properties.
Warren is highlighted as a “sensible and pragmatic practitioner” by impressed sources. He handles a broad range of contentious property matters and is particularly noted for his strength in complex landlord and tenant disputes.
Chambers 2020; also Legal 500 recommended lawyer