Warren is a partner in the Property Litigation team. Warren has an excellent track record in resolving Real Estate disputes, including negotiations, numerous mediations, and when necessary at trial.
Warren’s expertise is in lease advisory work, including lease renewals, landlord and tenant covenant issues, property exit strategies, dilapidations, rent review, break options, alienation, alterations and insolvency; also in real property disputes including rights of way, boundary issues, restrictive covenants and access to neighbouring land. Warren is a pragmatic and solutions focused lawyer, acting for landlords and tenants with national portfolios, developers, charities, and clients in the healthcare, technology, retail, public, and rural land sectors.
Prior to joining Ashfords Warren headed up the Property Litigation team and Commercial Property department at Thrings LLP.
Warren is a member of the Property Litigation Association, a regular RICS guest speaker (London and the SW), and a trustee of Dorothy House Hospice Care.
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants instructed Warren to advise on the exit from its Pimlico London worldwide HQ and relocation to the Helicon, London, EC2, including high value, assorted and complex L&T issues and strategic dilapidations planning
- Countrywide instructed Warren for very many years to advise on its national property portfolio. L&T issues have included high value “user clause” considerations, complex lease renewals, break notices, managing dilapidations, and service charge and other landlord’s covenant issues.
- Priory Group instructed Warren on its national healthcare property portfolio, including a range of lease renewal issues and also a £1/3m dilapidations claim (Horizon East Leatherhead) with complex supersession and sub tenancy issues arising.
- Acting for a developer in Stadium Capital Holdings Limited v St Marylebone Property Company  EWHC 2856 (Ch). This leading Court of Appeal case concerned the award of damages for trespass based on a hypothetical negotiation.
- Launcelot Investments Ltd instruct Warren on its £200m commercial and residential property investment portfolio, to include strategic advice on a wide range of L&T matters, lease renewals, dilapidations, and complex tenant covenant issues.
Warren has such a breadth and depth of experience that he can bring insight into situations which one wouldn't ordinarily expect to encounter.
Chambers 2021, also Legal 500 recommended lawyer