Sian is a senior associate in the Construction & Infrastructure team. Sian advises on a variety of construction disputes, including defects claims, delay claims and final account disputes. She has expertise in pursuing and defending claims in the TCC as well as by way of adjudication and mediation, and has particular expertise in building safety and cladding claims.
Sian acts for a range of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors, sub-contractors and home-owners.
- Leaseholders: Advising leaseholders of a high rise residential block with combustible cladding and water ingress defects on contractual and statutory claims against culpable parties as well as advising on third party funding for the remedial works, including provision via the Building Safety Fund and landlord contributions.
- Social housing providers, developers and architects: Advising on the implications of the Building Safety Act 2022.
- Social housing provider: Acting in a claim against a developer for external wall defects.
Contractor: Negotiating an early settlement for a contractor on a claim against its sub-contractor by way of mediation.
- Homeowner: Acting on behalf of a homeowner in court proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court in a claim against a national housebuilder and negotiating a significant settlement.
- Local Authority: Advising on the authority’s options under a JCT Minor Works Contract 2016 where a contractor has caused significant delay to a project.
- Developer: Advising a developer on its contractual and common law rights to terminate a contract with its contractor for defective works.