Chartered Legal Executive
Sasha Wicks is a Chartered Legal Executive in the Disputed Wills and Trusts Team.
Sasha advises private individuals in relation to all matters arising out of contentious Wills, Trusts and Estates and also in relation to contentious Court of Protection matters.
Sasha frequently advises on claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, challenges to the validity of a will, proprietary estoppel claims, executor/beneficiary disputes, challenges to lifetime gifts, construction/rectification of a will and professional negligence.
Sasha joined the firm in 2005 working as a Paralegal before qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive in September 2013.
- Private Client: Advising a beneficiary of his late mother's estate as to the construction of a specific clause of the will. The case was complicated by the number of different beneficiary interests and the need for representation for minor and unborn beneficiaries.
- Private Client: Advising a disappointed beneficiary in relation to a potential negligence claim against a professional will drafter.
- Private Client: Advising a litigation friend who has been appointed to represent a protected party in relation to proceedings concerning that party's removal as a trustee.
- Private Client: Advising beneficiary executors in relation to an Inheritance Provision (Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claim against their late mother's estate.
- Private Client: Advising executors as to the potential claim by a disappointed beneficiary concerning the validity of a will based on undue influence.