Sam is an Associate in the Construction and Infrastructure team, specialising in contentious construction and engineering law.
Sam has a broad range of experience advising public and private sector clients on all stages of construction disputes, including pre-action, through the courts (including the Technology and Construction Court), adjudications and various forms of alternative dispute resolution including mediation.
Sam delivers pragmatic advice and seeks practical solutions on complex, multi-million pound disputes, delivering clear and practical advice to clients.
- Advising an asset management company on claims in complex multi-party proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court regarding fire safety issues and structural defects.
- Acting on behalf of a landlord engaged in a multi-million-pound dispute against its building contractor concerning a defective warehouse.
- Advising a client on a multi-million-pound dispute against a contractor, arising from defects in a hospital procured under an NHS PFI contract.
- Representing a client in adjudication proceedings arising from defects in the design and construction of a specialist pharmaceutical facility at a hospital.
- Advising a subcontractor on a high-value construction dispute concerning defective roofing works at a high-quality business park in Cornwall.
- Acting on behalf of a local authority engaged in a multi-million pound dispute concerning defects affecting social housing.
- Advising private clients in a claim relating to defects in high end residential refurbishment works.