Ruth is a Solicitor in the Commercial Team specialising in public sector procurement and State aid.
Ruth advises Government departments, local authorities, public bodies and private contractors. She advises on all aspects of public sector contracts, from the outset of a procurement process, through to completion and dealing with post close contractual issues.
Ruth delivers pragmatic legal advice and support on major public sector outsourcing projects, including detailed advice on the procurement rules, preparing contractual documentation and advising on State aid and vires issues.
Ruth also advises both public sector bodies and private parties on the application of the State aid rules in the context of grant funding programmes. She regularly provides training to clients and other organisations on the procurement rules and State aid rules.
- Cornwall Council: Advising Cornwall Council on the procurement of framework agreements for the provision of domiciliary care and support services.
- Exeter City Council: Advising Exeter City Council on the procurement of a design team for a new leisure facility in the city centre using the restricted procedure.
- Mendip District Council: Advising Mendip District Council in respect of its procurement of a services concession for its leisure centre estate.
- NYnet 100 Limited: Advising NYnet (a wholly owned subsidiary of North Yorkshire County Council) in its procurement utilising the open procedure of the provision of a number of Business Support Events to encourage take up of superfast broadband by SMEs in North Yorkshire.
- Council of the Isles of Scilly: Advising on the application of the State aid rules in respect of State aid notifications in respect the funding of improvement works to St Mary's Airport and Lands End Airport.