Rob is a Partner in the Property Disputes Team.
Rob specialises in high value litigation in relation to both commercial and residential property. Rob’s client base includes retailers, property developers, Landlords and Tenants and High Net Worth individuals and families.
Rob is ranked in both Chambers and Partners and also Legal 500, being described in Legal 500 as being “tough… A very experienced litigator with great tactical judgement”.
- Acting for The Range in successfully defending a significant claim brough against by a Landlord, which became a leading case in relation to both contractual estoppel and trustee liability for damages in excess of the value of the Trust Fund where those damages relate to statutory damages and not contractual damages (First Tower Trustees v CDS  EWCA Civ 1396).
- Acting for two families in relation to a significant dispute in relation to multi million pound properties on the outskirts of Bath, involving claims for injunctions a declarations in relation to certain property rights, leading to a 6 day trial and a highly successful outcome, including costs recovery which will likely exceed £400,000.
- Acting for the owner of a high value Georgian flat in Bath in relation to the owner shop of vaults and a courtyard, where the issue was whether those areas formed part of the demise to the long lease of the flat. We were successful at summary judgement and will recover costs from the Defendant management company/freeholder of in the region of £100,000.
- Acting for a Developer in relation to a high value expert determination, where we obtained a successful outcome which benefitted our client by nearly £800,000.
- Acting for a Developer in relation to a dispute relating to the effective service of an Option Notice to acquire a large land holding in Cornwall. The issue was resolved at mediation on highly advantageous terms.