Rob leads the Property Litigation Team in our Taunton, Bristol and Plymouth offices. Rob is known for his skilful handling of the disputes he is involved in and has a proven track record acting for public sector clients, retailers and private clients.
Rob is recognised as a leading figure in the South West real estate litigation market by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession. Rob is described as being "very proactive and pragmatic. He is able to give proper advice as to the strengths and weaknesses of the case." Another client source simply says "I can't fault him."
- The Range: Advising the client in relation to an multi-million pound dispute with the Landlord of large warehouse premises in the North West. Working with Edwin Johnson QC we secured a significant judgement for The Range. The dispute was hotly contested, including jurisdictional issues, and involved a three day trial in London with various interlocutory hearings leading up to trial.
- Private individual: Advising the client in relation to a wide ranging dispute with a commercial tenant. The matter involved a successful trial before the First Tier Tribunal and also an application before the County Court for forfeiture of the Tenant's Lease.
- Property developer: Advising the client in relation to the clearance of a significant number of squatters from valuable development land in Gloucester. This involved the combination of proceedings in the First Tier Tribunal and possession proceedings in the County Court. A successful outcome was achieved and injunctions were also obtained against the squatters. The squatters were finally evicted with the assistance of riot police.
- Government department: Advising the client in relation to a multi-million pound claim brought against it by a property developer alleging breach of contract. The claim was vigorously defended and then settled on highly favourable terms to the client.
- Private individual: Advising the client in relation to trespass on his land by a well-known and wealthy neighbour. An interim injunction was obtained within 7 days of the initial instruction and the matter was completed resolved within 14 days, with the neighbour paying costs and entering into final injunctions.