Rebecca is a Partner and heads the Banking and Finance Team.
Rebecca acts for banks, lenders and borrowers on a range of financing transactions, including syndicated and bilateral financings, acquisition finance, property and development finance, general financings, restructurings and refinancings, asset finance and invoice discounting.
Rebecca trained with Pinsent Masons and moved to Ashfords in 2008. She has also worked in-house, having completed a secondment with the Corporate and Commercial legal team of HSBC. Rebecca trained with Pinsent Masons and moved to Ashfords in 2008. She has also worked in-house, having completed a secondment with the Corporate and Commercial legal team of HSBC.
Rebecca is recognised in Chambers and Partners as a Band 1 individual for Banking and Finance work.
- UK bank: Acting for a UK bank on its financing of a professional services company.
- Lloyds Bank plc: Acting for the bank on its £13 million funding of a South West based hotel group.
- International bank: Advising the bank on its intercreditor arrangements for a UK clothing group.
- Paragon Development Finance Limited: Acting for Paragon Development Finance Limited (a Paragon Bank group company) on a number of development finance transactions, including its £12.45 million funding to a property development company for a 110 apartment development in Leeds
- Exeter Finance Limited: Acting for Exeter Finance on over £200 million of lending for property-backed investment and development facilities.
- Alternative lender: Acting for a national lender in the agricultural sector on its £14 million financing of a farming partnership, providing refinancing, working capital and acquisition facilities.
- New to market lender: Advising a new to market lender on all aspects of its own funding for a transactional lending business. We advised the lender on its own finance arrangements via a debt and security purchase agreement with a US based lender and prepared a suite of transactional lending documents
- Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf Education: We advised The Deaf Academy on its financing with CAF Bank Limited, part of the Charities Aid Foundation.
- Torquay Leisure Hotels: Acting for the Torquay Leisure Hotels group of companies on their £11 million refinancing with National Westminster Bank plc.
- Developer: Acting for our developer client on its £12.5 million financing from a national bank for construction and development facilities for a 100 home site.
- Construction company: Acting for a construction company on its £18.9 million refinancing with a UK bank, including working capital and revolving credit facilities.