Laura is an Associate in the Employment Team with experience of advising clients on a wide range of employment law and UK immigration matters. Laura has been qualified for 4 years.
She provides advice and HR support to clients, in both the public and private sector, on all areas of employment law. Laura has experience of defending employment law claims including claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
Laura also advises on UK immigration matters, including migrant workers’ right to work in the UK, EEA Nationals' status in the UK, sponsor obligations, sponsor licence applications and visa applications.
- London Borough Council: Advising the council on all employment law issues including complex disciplinary and grievance procedures involving allegations of discrimination, suspension pending the outcome of a police investigation, National Minimum Wage and holiday pay issues and defending claims for unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- National care provider: Putting both employment and immigration expertise to use in defending a claim for unlawful discrimination in the context of immigration status.
- Property agents: Advising on all employment law issues including a redundancy process, dismissals for poor performance and long-term sickness absences.
- Large restaurant chain: Successfully appealing civil penalties issued for the employment of illegal workers and carrying out an immigration audit and reporting on compliance with Home Office regulations on right to work checks.
- Start-up accelerator: Making an urgent application to transfer an existing employee and his family to the UK under the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer route.