Jonathan advises on non-contentious banking and finance transactions, which includes advising lenders or borrowers on the terms of finance agreements and supporting security, both for general financing and property and development finance.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Jonathan carried out a public service based internship in Brussels before working for a Magic Circle law firm in its compliance department.
Jonathan graduated in 2010 with an LLB in Common & Civil Law with French from Queen's University, Belfast. This involved a 12 month exchange programme studying French Law at Université Jean Moulin in Lyon, France.
- Exeter Finance Limited: Acting for the client on its provision of loans to a number of borrowers, primarily for property acquisition and development facilities.
- High net worth borrower: Assisting on a £31 million refinancing by a high net worth borrower of its London property portfolio with HSBC Bank plc.
- Property development company: Assisting on a transaction for a bespoke property development company who were obtaining finance by way of a bilateral development facility agreement from the Homes and Communities Agency.
- European Bank: Assisting on a transaction for a lender client in refinancing in full the term loan facilities for a large charity with its existing lender, worth £2 million.
- High street lender: Acting for a high street lender in its provision of acquisition finance worth £1.1 million to its customer acting in the pharmaceutical industry.