John is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate Team advising on a range of commercial real estate matters including secured lending and development.
John advises clients on all aspect of commercial property including: secured lending; acquisition and disposal of commercial and residential development property; pre-emption agreements; option agreements and conditional contracts; overage; landlord and tenant; reports on title and property due diligence.
Prior to joining Ashfords, John was employed by The Cornwall Council as a Legal Officer dealing with all aspects of commercial property prior to which he worked for a national law firm.
- National banks and other secured lenders: Advising a number of national banks and other secured lenders on all property aspects of secured lending transactions including financing, refinancing, development finance and acquisition finance. John recently acted for a national bank in the refinancing of a well-known independent school with a loan facility of £16m and the refinancing of an industrial property in the South West together with additional secured lending for the acquisition of an engineering company.
- Property investors: Advising on all aspects of the property portfolio from acquisition, disposal, development, secured lending (finance, refinance and development finance) and landlord and tenant matters. John recently completed the refinancing of a London based commercial property portfolio with a portfolio value of circa £60m and a southwest based mixed use portfolio with a portfolio value of circa £24m. John is currently advising a number of clients in respect of rent arrears arsing in their commercial property portfolios due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Government body: Advising on the provision of development finance across a range of residential and commercial development sites nationwide by Government Body.
- Regional developers: Advising on the purchase and disposal of a range of complex residential and commercial development sites by way of option agreements/conditional contracts and subject to overage provisions. John also advises on the sub-sale of affordable housing to registered housing providers by way of both turn key and golden brick agreements.
- Corporate transactions: Advising on the property aspects of share and asset sale and purchases.