John is an Associate in the Real Estate Team advising on a range of commercial real estate matters including secured lending and development.
John advises clients on all aspect of commercial property including: secured lending; acquisition and disposal of commercial and residential development property; pre-emption agreements; option agreements and conditional contracts; overage; landlord and tenant; reports on title and property due diligence.
Prior to joining Ashfords, John was employed by The Cornwall Council as a Legal Officer dealing with all aspects of commercial property prior to which he worked for a national law firm.
- National Bank: Advising a national bank in connection with the refinancing of an industrial property in the South West and secured lending for acquisition by a borrower of an engineering company.
- National bank: Advising a national bank in connection with financing of the acquisition of a number of new build residential units.
- Regional developer: Advising on the acquisition of a development site which was subject to various title issues by way of conditional contracts and subject to overage.
- Regional developer: Advising on the acquisition of a development site by way of an option agreement.
- Regional airport: Advising on all aspects of its commercial property estate including airside and landside lettings and development.