Jessica is a Solicitor in the Property Litigation team.
Jessica is experienced in dealing with a wide range of contentious landlord and tenant matters, including breach of covenant, housing disrepair, dilapidations, service charge issues and possession claims. Jessica advises local authorities, registered providers, private companies, developers and private individuals.
Prior to joining the Property Litigation team, Jessica completed her training contract with Ashfords LLP undertaking six month seats in Employment, Commercial Property and Property Litigation, assisting the teams in a range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Prior to starting her training contract with Ashfords LLP, Jessica achieved a BSc in Politics from the University of Southampton and completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, Bristol.
- Local authority: Assisting with defending a forfeiture claim on the basis of dilapidations and rent review.
- Private individual: Assisting with a complex contested section 21 possession matter concerning technical issues surrounding protection of the tenancy deposit and defending a counterclaim for disrepair.
- Housing Association: Assisting with defending claims for housing disrepair and statutory nuisance under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Private Company: Advising on the enforceability of a positive covenant for repair and maintenance of an estate road.
- Private Company: Assisting with the grant of a new business tenancy under s21 of part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.