James is a Senior Associate in the Commercial Team.
James advises businesses on a wide range of commercial agreements including contracts for the supply of goods and services, IT and IT outsourcing contracts, IP licensing agreements, leasing and hire agreements and terms and conditions of business.
James acts for clients across a number of sectors but has particular experience of the retail, Telecoms and IT sectors.
James is well accustomed to working with both in house legal teams and direct with business units, delivering commercially astute advice in a digestible manner.
- Advising an International fashion retailer in relation to a wide variety of matters relating to the acquisition of goods and services.
- Advising a “Big 4” supermarket in relation to:
- Contracts for the procurement of a diverse range of goods and services required by the business including marketing and recruitment services, security systems and services, procurement outsourcing, travel and insurance services, equipment purchase and maintenance and pharmaceutical products, amongst others.
- Leasing deals for its company car fleet, commercial vehicles and associated equipment.
- Contracts for the operation of various concession arrangements by third parties on supermarket premises.
- Advising BT in relation to:
- Contractual terms for a complex IaaS deal for the supply and roll out of IT and network infrastructure in relation to a nationally significant project.
- Complex negotiations of both prime and sub-contracts in relation to an IT and network infrastructure outsourcing deal with a major bank.
- Advising a well-known government outsourcing provider in relation to a business critical SaaS contract for the procurement of a new payroll system.
- Advising a luxury brand in respect of its contracts with high profile influencers.