Hayley is an Associate in the Employment Team.
Hayley has experience of advising employees and employers in all areas of employment law. Hayley qualified in 2008 and specialises in employment law.
Hayley provides advice to businesses in resolving workplace disputes, provides guidance on managing internal procesesses, HR advice and support.
She has particular experience in assisting and advising businesses in defending Employment Tribunal claims including unfair dismissal, discrimination, protected disclosures and wages claims.
Hayley has supported organisations in taking proactive and preventive action to avoid future employment related claims in working with clients to understand their business.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Hayley worked for a law firm in Bristol where she provided assistance to both employees and employers in resolving workplace issues both prior to and during litigation in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal.
Hayley has provided assistance to many industry sectors but most recently, in the Education and Charity sectors.
Hayley was nominated for an award in the 'Woman in Insurance Awards' in 2020 for her work in providing legal services and advice for those in the insurance sector.
- Various MATs (multi-academy trusts): successfully defending claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing complaints linked to safeguarding and alleged malpractice and unlawful deduction of wages;
- International call centre of over 5,000 employees: providing advice and assistance to HR Business Partners in managing restructuring, redundancies and sickness absence. Defending all Employment Tribunal claims and providing reflective guidance on working practices;
- Successfully brought group claims for 27 employees for failings following a redundancy process.
- Academy Trust: Successfully defended claims for religious discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination.
- Defended group Employment Tribunal claims brought by employees for claims relating to unpaid bonuses and commission accrued during holiday periods;
- Various clients: advised and successfully negotiated Settlement Agreements for both employee and employer clients and supported clients in mediation.
Hayley has provided numerous contractual reviews for me on numerous occasions. Hayley remains available for any follow up conversations and subsequent thoughts as I negotiate with my clients. She is pragmatic, courteous, professional and extremely knowledgeable through the process.
Chris Coward, Business Analyst ITSM Consultant at Micro Focus