Trainee Legal Executive
Dayna is a Trainee Legal Executive in the Trusts and Estates Team.
She advises clients on a variety of matters, including Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, the Administration of Estates, Declarations of Trust, Court of Protection applications and long term care enquiries.
Dayna joined Ashfords in 2010, having studied Law at Bournemouth University. She is currently studying with the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and is well on the way to becoming a qualified Chartered Legal Executive, having already successfully completed her Level 3 Certificate.
- Private client: Assisted with the administration of an estate where the Executors lived overseas. As a result, Dayna had to take on the Executors "physical" duties, which involved the clearance of the property, boxing up the client's personal papers and items, dealing with the agents, removal companies, antique valuers, cleaners, vehicle scrappers and all sorts of other third parties.
- Assisted in obtaining "Woodland Relief" on Inheritance Tax due on an estate where the property was set in over a hundred acres of outstanding natural beauty and woodland".
- Private client: Dealt with an intestacy with 26 beneficiaries, many of whom did not even know the deceased. Dayna worked alongside Title Research who investigated and put together the family tree and made the initial contact with each of the beneficiaries.The costs involved in administering the estate were very high and it highlighted the importance of putting in place a Will.
- Private client: Dealt with an emergency Deputyship application for a client who had to move into a care setting and needed the property to be sold to fund the care. As there was no Lasting Power of Attorney, an application to the Court of Protection was required, appointing the son as Deputy.
- Private client: Dealt with an emergency Will and Lasting Powers of Attorney for a client who had very sadly been diagnosed with an aggressive and terminal form of Cancer at a very young age. Whilst very difficult and emotive, Dayna was able to provide peace of mind and comfort for the client, knowing their family would be looked after following their death.