Darren is a Partner, SRA Regulated Solicitor and part of the firm's Rural Sector. He specialises in higher value and agriculture property transactions. Darren qualified in 1991.
Darren has over 30 years' experience dealing with private clients as well as companies buying, selling and leasing land and buildings for occupation or investment. He also has considerable experience acting for lenders dealing with finance for agricultural projects.
He joined Ashfords as a trainee, his interest in rural issues and enjoyment in helping people with property purchases or leases saw him become the Head of the Agriculture and Rural Affairs sector. He is praised in Chambers 2020 as he "He understands the farming business and is very calm and measured."
- Private client: Advising on the purchase of a farm and the refinancing of the Home Farm. This included advising on matters such as lotting, third party rights, disputed easements, partnership and future development issues (value: £3 million+).
- Private client: Acting on the sale of one of the most extensive tracts of farmland existing within the M25. This included advising on matters such as lotting, 1954 Act leases, farm business tenancies, overage and related contractual arrangements.
- Large land owner: Acting in relation to the grant of a particularly involved lease of sporting rights on a Devon Estate (value: £750,000+).
- Private client : Acting on the sale of a £6million farm in Dorset.
- Private client: Dealing with the purchase of agricultural land in Somerset at over £3 million.
- Private client: An auction sale of 8 properties from a landed estate.
He is hugely efficient and very experienced in this sector.