Darren is a Partner, SRA Regulated Solicitor and Head of the Residential Property Team. Darren is also Head of the Agriculture Sector. He specialises in higher value and agriculture property transactions. Darren has been qualified for 27 years.
Darren has over 25 years' experience dealing with private clients as well as companies buying, selling and leasing land and buildings for occupation or investment. He also has considerable experience acting for lenders dealing with finance for agricultural projects.
He joined Ashfords as a trainee, his interest in rural issues and enjoyment in helping people with property purchases or leases have seen him become the Head of the Agriculture and Rural Affairs sector. He is praised in the Legal 500 2018 as he "gets the fundamentals right: fast turnaround, friendly and helpful manner, client availability – all excellent".
- Private client: Advising on the purchase of a farm and the refinancing of the Home Farm. This included advising on matters such as lotting, third party rights, disputed easements, partnership and future development issues (value: £3 million+).
- Private client: Acting on the sale of one of the most extensive tracts of farmland existing within the M25. This included advising on matters such as lotting, 1954 Act leases, farm business tenancies, overage and related contractual arrangements.
- Large land owner: Acting in relation to the grant of a particularly involved lease of sporting rights on a Devon Estate (value: £750,000+).
- Private client: Dealing with the purchase of agricultural land in Somerset at over £3 million.
- Private client: An auction sale of 8 properties from a landed estate.
He's very personable, which helps when you're doing these transactions, and he's easy to work with