Cathryn is a Solicitor in the Restructuring and Insolvency Team.
Cathryn advises on all insolvency matters, including personal and corporate insolvency and contentious and non-contentious matters. Cathryn regularly attends court and speaks at seminars. She has produced video guides on bankruptcy and tips for struggling businesses, which can be found here.
Prior to studying law, Cathryn completed a music degree which enhanced her creative and analytical skills.
Cathryn successfully completed the Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency in June 2019.
- Trustee in Bankruptcy: Advising the Trustee in Bankruptcy and investigating the bankrupt in relation to a claim for an interest in the matrimonial home following a transaction at undervalue.
- Retiring office holder: Assisting with the block transfer of appointments for a retiring office holder to his replacement in an application under the Insolvency Rules 2016.
- Private client: Advising a petitioning creditor in relation to an application by a bankrupt to appeal the bankruptcy order and annul the bankruptcy order on the grounds that the order ought not to have been made. Successfully defending both applications.
- Trustee in Bankruptcy: Advising the Trustee in Bankruptcy on the merits of an annulment application brought by a creditor. Applying for security for costs on behalf of the Trustee in Bankruptcy and discharging various freezing orders and removing restrictions on the property title.
- Private client: Advising local company in relation to an application for administration and the administrator in relation to the sale of the business.
- Commercial client: Advising the company on addressing a statutory demand and preventing insolvency proceedings being commenced against the company.