Brett is a Senior Associate in the Commercial team with particular expertise in the Technology sector and the Healthcare and Digital Health sector.
Brett is a commercial lawyer with over 10 years' experience advising businesses on a range of commercial and IP matters. He has supported clients across various industries and sectors, with particular specialism in Technology, Healthcare and Retail.
Brett has advised businesses on a range of commercial matters, including outsourcing, digital transformation projects and negotiating strategic commercial partnerships. This has involved drafting and negotiating commercial/IT contracts for bespoke software development, licensing arrangements and the provision of software and hardware systems for a range of deployment models including cloud, SaaS and on-premise.
Brett is experienced in acting for vendors/suppliers and customers, enabling him to deliver insight into market practice and pragmatic solutions.
Brett also has extensive experience successfully integrating with in-house legal teams, combining technical legal knowledge with a keen appreciation of delivering advice to help meet the commercial objectives of the wider business. He has worked on secondment for a range of major businesses in the Technology, Health and Retail spaces, whether providing general counsel to the business or overseeing specific projects.
Brett has been recognised by Legal 500 for several years as a Recommended Lawyer in the areas of Commercial, Technology (TMT) and IP, as well as being listed as a Rising Star in IP.
- Holland & Barrett: Providing secondment support and ongoing key legal advice to the in-house legal team and wider business to support this global health retailer’s expanding digital health and wellness offering.
- Vamstar: Advising this AI-driven healthcare procurement and data SaaS platform provider on a number of master service agreements with leading global healthcare providers, as well as innovative new service models.
- Iksuda Therapeutics: Advising this biotech company on a licence and commercialisation agreement with a projected value of up to $1 billion.
- A leading global provider of a hospitality SaaS platform: advising on a range of commercial issues, including channel partner agreements, SaaS agreements and supporting the launch of new cloud products.
- An innovative nanotechnology development company: Advising on overseas distribution and marketing arrangements.
- A leading hospital group: Advising on various strategic commercial agreements.
- An award-winning healthcare edtech provider: Advising on licensing in key IP assets.
- A leading global provider of software to emergency service response teams: Advising on IP licensing, development and strategic commercial relationships.
- A high-end luxury designer and retailer: Advising on a range of matters including supplier and manufacturer agreements, procurement of a new ERM system, software licensing and export arrangements.
- Various high-profile retail brands: Extensive experience advising on brand licensing, sponsorship, product development and retail agreements.
- Working with Corporate and Investment teams to provide support to businesses and investment funds on M&A, transactional and investment work, including Series A investment rounds, with a particular expertise in tech and healthcare businesses, including support on due diligence, disclosure exercises and negotiating warranties, as well as advising, structuring and implementing pre- and post-completion IP arrangements. I also offer support to Banking and Finance, and Restructuring and Insolvency teams, advising on distressed sales and acquisitions, including dealing with ownership of IP assets.