Brett is a commercial lawyer with over 10 years' experience advising businesses on a range of commercial and IP matters. He has supported clients across various industries and sectors, with particular sector expertise in Technology and Retail.
Brett also has extensive experience successfully integrating with in-house legal teams, combining technical legal knowledge with a deep understanding of the business' key commercial objectives.
Brett has been recognised by Legal 500 for several years as a Recommended Lawyer in the areas of Commercial, TMT and IP, as well as being listed as a Rising Star in IP.
- One of Europe’s largest debt collection and credit management businesses. Brett provided an outsourced in-house counsel service, negotiating business-critical service agreements with credit reference agencies, as well as leading on a digital transformation project and mobile app development.
- One of the UK’s leading renewable energy suppliers. Brett advised and negotiated the procurement of a new online billing system and a smart meter payment services agreement.
- A major global home shopping retailer. Negotiated and advised on several agreements outsourcing key business services to major outsourcing providers.
- A leading global manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses. Support on commercial matters including a brand ambassador agreement, TV/broadcast sponsorship agreements and various supply agreements.
- A renowned global online retailer. Brett has worked with the owners and senior management on a range of commercial and IP issues including website re-platforming, brand licensing, online sales terms, distribution and international fulfilment agreements.
- A Fortune 500 listed global technology and industrial company. Brett was chosen for a 7-month secondment as in-house counsel, delivering on-site legal advice including drafting and reviewing cross-border contracts.
- A leading insurance and financial services comparison website. Brett advised on and negotiated a business-critical agreement, resulting in third-party insurance products being made available through the client's platform.
- One of Europe’s leading multi-channel and call centre providers. Brett has advised the in-house legal team on rolling out substantial sub-contracts for a range of technology and other services in relation to its role as prime contractor to a UK government department.
- A listed supplier of integrated test systems for the global automotive industry. Brett has advised senior management on an R&D collaboration agreement and distribution agreements.
- A large mutual society. Brett advised on IP assignment, licensing, reseller appointment and bespoke development for other societies and financial product providers.