Andrew is a Partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in all aspects of the acquisition, disposal and management of investment properties.
Andrew's clients include commercial investors, developers, occupiers and public sector bodies (including government departments and local authorities). Andrew also advises occupiers in the retail, office and light industrial/warehouse sectors.
He provides a comprehensive service to investor clients throughout the lifecycle of a real estate asset from acquisition through management to disposal; this includes advising on the pre-letting of development sites. In addition, Andrew advises sector based commercial real estate occupiers having regard to their specific user requirements and compliance issues. Andrew also provides real estate support for both corporate and project led transactions.
Before joining Ashfords in 2005, Andrew worked for over 20 years at various City of London law firms. He joined the Real Estate Team at Nabarro Nathanson (now part of CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang) in 1982 where he remained until 1996. Andrew then joined Titmuss Sainer Dechert (now Dechert) and in 2000, he moved to Clyde & Co.
- Private property company: Advising the company on the purchase from an offshore investor of a single-let investment property in London WC1 for in excess of £7.4 million, the sale of a freehold investment property in London E2 for in excess of £4.3 million, the sale of an investment property in Victoria square, Bolton for in excess of £3 million, the acquisition of a property with development potential in London E17 for in excess of £2 million, the acquisition of a freehold investment property in Barnet, Herts for £3 million and the purchase of "unique" freehold office building in the heart of Islington, London N1 for in excess of £2.35 million.
- North Yorkshire County Council: Advising the council on the project related property aspects of the North Yorkshire Waste PPP Project, the largest legacy waste PFI Project. The council procured a private sector partner to design, build, finance and operate a waste treatment facility, third party funding for the Project was circa £350 million.
- Pittards Plc (manufactures luxury leather goods for sale to retailers, manufacturers and distributors): Advising the client on the buy-back of the freehold of its site at Sherborne Road, Dorset for £3.6 million. The purchase price was in part secured through funding from Lloyd Bank Plc and the balancethrough a share placing and open offer which raised a total of £5.5 million (the balance to be utilised for future business development).
- Framptons Transport Services Ltd: Dealing with the property aspects on the sale of Framptons Transport Services Ltd (a specialist in the provision of transport services and UK and European pallet delivery with an annual turnover of around £17 million) to Gregory Distribution (Holdings) Ltd.
- Worldwide generics pharmaceutical company: Acting for the pharmaceutical company on a strategic expansion at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent, a major science and innovation park. The work involved the re-gearing of two existing leases, an agreement for lease and lease of a separate building where significant construction and fit out works were required and arrangements for temporary accommodation to deal with transitional arrangements.