- 14:00 - 15:30
- Microsoft Teams
The webinar will run to a maximum 90 minutes and cover:
- Introduction to Ashfords and the Planning Practice.
- Using the correct power, and securing the right resolutions.
- Scoping the land required: land referencing and the importance of knowing what land and interests are needed.
- Acquisition of rights vs acquisition of freehold.
- A reminder on appropriation.
- Negotiated acquisitions: key points to consider in negotiating purchases under the shadow of CPO
- Potential for developer "joint venture" as a delivery structure.
This training is aimed at Local Authority lawyers at an intermediate-advanced level.
- David Richardson – Partner and Head of Planning at Ashfords LLP - David specialises in planning (contentious or non-contentious), compulsory purchase and public law. David advises on the full range of planning issues that may arise in bringing forward residential development, commercial projects and mixed use regeneration schemes.
- Robin de Wreede - Partner in the Ashfords Real Estate Team - Robin has extensive experience working with Local Authorities on property and planning matters as well as advising on urban regeneration and other major development projects.
- Duncan Moors - Legal Director in the Real Estate Team - Duncan specialises in planning and local government and has 17 years experience working in house at a Local Authority.