Sarah is a Professional Support Lawyer in the Construction & Infrastructure team.
She has over 20 years' experience advising on contentious and non-contentious construction matters. Sarah has advised on all forms of bespoke and standard form construction contracts (including JCT, NEC and IChemE) and has extensive experience in high value dispute resolution.
Sarah is responsible for the Construction team's knowledge management and training, both internally and externally. She is also on the committee for the Exeter Construction Group.
- Private company: Advising the employer on a new £30 million Biomass energy plant including preparing and negotiating the EPC Contract (IChemE Red Book) and associated documentation.
- Major utility company: Advising the client on a £4 million claim against a consortium contractor (consisting of 5 separate companies) for defective design and workmanship in respect of sludge dewatering and incineration facilities at two sewage treatment plants pursuant to an IChemE Red Book contract.
- Higher education authority: Advising the client on the construction aspects in relation to provision of a new £30 million campus.
- Higher education authority: Advising the client on the terms of its framework agreement for the appointment of consultants to its estates development programme.
- Developer: Advising a developer on the terms of construction documentation for marina development involving installation of wave gate, pontoons and marina building including reviewing draft NEC3 contract, proposing and drafting project specific Z clauses and advising on terms of collateral warranties to be provided by developer's construction team and to be provided in favour of developer for other parties' works.