Paul is a Partner in our Real Estate team.
Paul advises housing clients on major regeneration and development projects, as well as on private and public finance in the sector.
He advises on regulatory frameworks for Registered Providers and also local authorities on their powers related to such projects. His clients are generally Registered Providers, Local authorities and other housing developers.
Paul has worked in-house at both a housing association and local authority, providing him with a view from the inside.
He is recognised as a leading figure in both the Legal 500 and Chambers Partners Guide to the Legal Profession and "attracts praise for his long-standing excellence in the property regeneration sphere. He also has an impressive advisory practice, which includes providing counsel on right to buy schemes and funding matters". Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession 2018
- Large south east RP: Acting on two major regeneration projects with combined value of over £400m to include negotiation of development agreements, complex title investigation and land assembly, managing large finance security matter.
- RPs: Leading on over £100m of lending to Registered Providers to include creation of security pack, review of certificates of title and ensuring compliance with conditions precedent prior to drawdown.
- RPs: Leading and advising on stock rationalisation and stock swap transactions for a Registered Providers to include helping to set up data room, drafting sale agreements, leading due diligence meetings and exchanging and completing.
- RP: Acquisition of a number of extracare schemes, including negotiation of bespoke £20m project with major national house builder outside their usual framework development agreement.
- Local authority: Leading on procurement of large scale regeneration site for a local authority in London to include draft development agreement and related agreements, answering due diligence queries, negotiation of documents.
He impresses with the way he explains issues, his commercial view and responsiveness. He is always there to support us.