Jane is a Solicitor in the Family Team. Jane advises on all aspects of family law.
Jane has a strong reputation throughout Mid Devon, for her calm and conciliatory approach in difficult situations, whilst fighting for the best outcome for her clients. Jane accepts instructions from a wide range of clients and receives frequent referrals and recommendations from those who have instructed her previously.
Jane specialises in work relating to children disputes; advising on arrangements for children following separation and has considerable experience in complex contested matters in this area.
Jane also advises in divorce and financial remedy cases, including separation agreements, consent orders and fully contested financial disputes. In addition, Jane assists in the separation of non-married couples, and the resolution of disputes in those circumstances.
Jane can assist in providing advice to individuals who wish to protect their position in advance of separation, such as through the preparation of cohabitation agreements and pre-nuptial agreements.
Jane is experienced in achieving protection for vulnerable clients and welcomes instructions in cases where this is needed.
- Private client: Advising in a lengthy dispute concerning arrangements for children in which serious allegations were made about our client suggesting he had harmed the children. Successfully defending the allegations and ultimately achieving a change in arrangements so that the children came to live with our client.
- Private client: Achieving contact for a father who had not seen his children in over 2 years.
- Private client: Advising in relation to arrangements for a young child to see her father in circumstances whereby the father had not even been informed of her birth. Making a successful application to the Court and achieving contact for the father against an implacably hostile mother.
- Private client: Assisting a mother in proceedings where a father sought contact with his child. Successfully defending the application and preventing contact between the father and child due to the mother's longstandingconcerns for the child's safety and wellbeing.
- Private client: Advising in longstanding, repeat proceedings involving allegations of parental alienation which ultimately resulted in a change of living arrangements for the children, as sought by our client.