Our specialist team of sports lawyers is equipped with a blend of technical expertise and practical understanding of the industry, resulting in securing the right solutions for you.
We act for individuals, clubs and team sponsors and right holders on issues arising both on and off the field of play.
- Advising an athlete on an appeal regarding selection to the 2012 London Olympics.
- Advising a prominent shareholder of a well-known SPL club on proceedings before the Scottish Premier League.
- Acting for Frankie Dettori in a successful appeal against suspension allowing him to take the winning ride in the Celebration Mile at Goodwood.
- Acting for participants in a number of sports facing allegations of race, match and spot fixing.
- Acting for professional "in running" gambler Martin Raymond in his acquittal against charges of breaches of the inside information rule by the British Horseracing Authority.
- Acting for a former boxing World Heavyweight Champion title holder on international boxing regulations.
- Advising a number of Irish and British athletes on Olympic selection for the Beijing and London Games.
- Acting for leading jockey Johnny Murtagh in his successful appeal against suspension allowing him to take the winning ride on Motivator in the Epsom Derby.
- Advising a regional cricket regulator on Kolpak regulations.
- Representing clients in respect of hearings following positive dope controls including allegations of use of anabolic steroids.
- In equestrian sport have successfully prosecuted and defended cases involving allegations of "milkshaking" horses.