Our Energy infrastructure Team, which operates within our Energy and Waste Sector Group includes experts with the skills set required to deliver a successful energy project from inception, consenting and financing to completion and ongoing operation including specialists in construction, corporate, property, planning and banking.
There is increasing pressure to deliver energy infrastructure quickly in order to meet the targets and benefits associated with renewable energy. Our pro-active team has assisted clients to deliver projects across a range of technologies and scale utilising a range of different funding mechanics.
- North Yorkshire County Council: Acting in respect of its energy from waste project. It originally reached commercial close in August 2011 as a PFI project. Ashfords replaced the existing solicitors in 2013 and has advised the authority subsequently on its change to a PPP project and on the changes necessary to the project in order to obtain third party finance. This is due to reach financial close by the end of 2014.
- Birmingham Bio Power Limited - advising the SPV on the financing, construction and operation of a biomass plant. Further advising certain of the lenders in respect of their roles.
- Fraddon Biogas Limited - advising the SPV on a joint venture for a 1MW AD facility exporting biogas and electricity to the grid in Cornwall. Our work included EPC, feedstock supply (crop feedstock and food waste), property arrangements and the O&M Contract. Funding was by way of equity investment.
- Nomansland Biogas Limited - advising the SPV on a joint venture for a 500KW AD facility exporting electricity to the grid in Devon. Our work included EPC, feedstock supply (crop feedstock), property arrangements and the O&M Contract. Funding was by way of equity investment.
- O-Gen Plymtrek Limited – advising the SPV on a joint venture for a 4.3MW Biomass energy facility at Roborough. Further advising an equity investor in the SPV on a project involving senior debt from Close Brothers.
- Greater Manchester Waste Disposal PFI – acting for Viridor Waste Management in its capacity as O&M sub-contractor on the £3bn Greater Manchester Waste Disposal PFI which reached financial close in April 2009.
- Gloucestershire Residual Waste Treatment PPP Project - advising both the Operator (Urbaser Environmental Limited) and the EPC Contractor (an unincorporated joint venture between Urbaser Limited, Balfour Beatty Construction Northern Limited and Balfour Beatty Engineering Services Limited) in relation to this project for the financing, construction and operation of an Energy from Waste Facility which reached financial close in February 2013
Partner and Head of Projects
+44 (0)1392 333857
Decentralised Energy and Smarter grids Newsletter July 2017
Decentralised Energy And Smarter Grids Newsletter_February
Decentralised Energy And Smarter Grids Newsletter_June_pages
Decentralised Energy And Smarter Grids Newsletter_November
Decentralised Energy_newsletter September
Decentralised Energy And Smarter Grids