Our Charities Team works closely with registered charities and other not-for-profit organisations and is able to offer a complete range of services to its voluntary sector clients.
The team advises charities and their trustees and we are looked upon as trusted advisors by our clients.
We act for a large number of third sector organisations, including national charities. Some of our key (publishable) clients include The RNLI, National Marine Aquarium, and Help the Aged. We also act for a number of other high profile, household name organisations whose identities remain confidential.
- Charity Law
- Legacy Management
- Duties and responsibilities of trustees
- Constitution and governance of entities
- Joint working, collaborations and mergers
- Employment and volunteer law
- Advising the Trustees of a charity in respect of the re-negotiation of multiple service level agreements.
- Assisting an existing members organisation to amend its rules to enable it to become a charity.
- Advising an established charity on the creation of a wholly owned subsidiary to enable it to undertake a redevelopment of an existing building to enable creation of a community hub, including assistance with borrowing to fund the project and obtaining funding from the Big Lottery Fund.
- Advising on the creation of a new museum, in particular on the best form of legal entity to use, the process to obtain registration with the Charity Commission, the employment contracts of staff and the acquisition of land for the site.