Zoe is a Partner and Head of the Family Team.
She specialises in divorce and financial matters arising from a relationship breakdown, typically assisting high net worth clients with businesses, pensions, inherited wealth and complicated financial arrangements. Aside from divorcing couples, she also advises in wealth protection by way of prenuptial contracts, and advises and represents unmarried couples in relation to their potential claims, including any claims under the Children Act.
Viewed by her peers as a 'formidable opponent', Zoe is a firm favourite for clients looking to secure a good deal.
Zoe is a panel member for resolution (financial provision and cohabited claims) and a trained collaborative lawyer. She has been described in the Legal 500 as 'an astute lawyer who looks after her clients well' and 'committed and able'.
- Private individual: Acting for the wife in a complicated divorce and financial remedy case with assets valued in the region of £5 million involving two companies with complicated share structures. Securing 50% of the assets for the wife.
- Private individual: Acting for the husband who was a successful professional in an acrimonious case involving foreign property, with proceedings taking place in the central family court. Litigating the matter and securing a minimal maintenance award on behalf of the husband.
- Private individual: Acting for a husband on a high net worth case which involved trans-generational inherited wealth. Commencing proceedings but negotiating and settling the matter in favour of the husband.
- Private individual: Representing a farmer throughout financial remedy proceedings involving a farm and business. Retaining the farm for the client with a lump sum payment to the wife.
- Private individual: Acting on behalf of a party in a case where the assets are valued in the region of £1.5 million, but one of the parties is alleging financial conduct and bigamy. Defending the allegations and securing a fair capital division.
National law firm Ashfords appoints new...
National provider of legal, regulatory and professional services, Ashfords, has appointed a new Partner and Solicitor to the firm's expert-led...
The Importance of Separation Agreements
People who are already married or in a civil partnership can enter into a written agreement setting out what they...
Divorce...a potentially messy business
I am often asked to give my view on how the courts approach cases where the couples are divorcing and...