Sue is a Partner and heads the Trusts and Estates Team in Taunton.
She advises on estate planning for high net worth individuals mitigating inheritance tax both before and after death, as well as capacity issues for the vulnerable, recovery of care home fees on medical grounds, and protection of assets for young people with learning disabilities.
Sue has strong interest in advising both families and businesses on succession planning issues and preserving wealth through the generations.
Sue is a member of Solicitors for the Elderly and advises on issues that particularly affect the elderly including long term care and continuing care claims. Sue has provided training to health care professionals on end of life care decisions. Sue is a regular presenter on behalf of Mencap on planning for the future for a disabled child.
- Private clients: Advising families and carers of children with special needs to safeguard assets for the future and to ensure continuity of care following the death of primary carers.
- Private clients: Advising on Court of Protection applications for Health and Welfare Deputyship appointments on behalf of parents of children with special needs.
- Private clients: Assisting families with elderly relatives in care with claims for the cost of their care to be met by the NHS.
- Private clients: Acting for farming clients looking to balance the interests of all family members whilst ensuring smooth succession to the farm.
- Private clients: Negotiating in complex family situations following a bereavement to avoid confrontation and to ensure the smooth administration of the estate.