Stuart is a Partner in the Corporate Team advising on public and private company mergers and acquisitions, IPO's, secondary fundraisings and other transactions undertaken by quoted companies.
Stuart advises clients across a range of different industries and jurisdictions, including companies in the insurance and financial sector as well as defence, technology, pharmaceutical, food and energy sectors. His experience includes handling cross-border as well as domestic UK transactions.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Stuart was a Partner in the London office of a US law firm where he worked on a range of domestic and cross-border transactions for international clients.
- QualiTest Software Testing Ltd: Advising on the acquisition of Test Direct Limited.
- DP Poland plc: Advising on a £3.2 million placing on AIM.
- Flybe Group plc: Advising on a £22.5 million reduction of capital.
- Management: Advising on £3.3 million buy-out of Review Display Systems Limited.
- Certain Hastings shareholders: Advising in connection with a £99 million block-trade of shares in Hastings Group Holdings plc.
How shareholders remove company directors
Shareholder activism continues to be a strategy pursued by investors seeking to realise value by influencing or changing company behaviour.