Sarah is a Partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in investment portfolio management, commercial leasehold grant and renewal, small business transfers, social housing development and corporate support.
Sarah's experience includes letting negotiations with major high street retailers for a range of shops and other outlets and portfolio re-financing. Sarah also deals with options and conditional contracts in relation to the sale of land for development.
On projects for affordable housing Sarah advises on golden brick and development agreements and other grant funding and related matters. On business transfers she is able draw on support from our Corporate and Employment Teams as and when required. Sarah also assists our Corporate Team with the property aspects of asset or share sale matters. Sarah also acts for SIPP investors, with or without lender finance.
Sarah has wide industry experience gained both in several private practice firms in London and the west country and in-house for the Government Property Lawyers and the BBC.
Recently Sarah acted on a further care home purchase including bank finance and liaison with the CQC registration transfer. Sarah has also been involved in portfolio consolidation and the acquisition of former golf course land for return to agricultural use. In dealing with disputed lease renewals she is able to call on strong support from our Property Litigation Team.
- Social housing provider: Advising on the acquisition of 16 units for affordable rent with golden brick agreement and development agreement and planning advice (deal value £1.1 million).
- Social housing providers: Advising on the acquisition of 2 whole sites for 20 and 37 units respectively for social housing by way of similar sub-sale contracts conditional on planning, grant funding and other matters (deal values £3.1 million and £7 million).
- Private company: Advising on purchase of investment property with 2 commercial tenants. Issues with former mining and uncompleted adoption agreement (deal value £1.2 million+).
- Private company: Advising on grant of Option for allocated farmland for 10 units including minimum price guarantee. Land eventually sold with planning permission for more units and at a higher value.
- Care provider: Advising on acquisition of care home including liaising with lender's advisers and with the CQC over transfer of the registration. The matter included corporate and employment advice (deal value £2 million).