Rebecca is an Associate in the Real Estate Team. Rebecca has experience in a wide range of real estate transactions, with a particular focus on energy and infrastructure projects.
Rebecca works closely with both public and private sector clients on a wide range of real estate matters from the acquisition and disposal of property for development, to the full spectrum of landlord and tenant work. More recently, Rebecca has been involved in the real estate aspects of a number of renewable energy projects, developing sites for the generation of energy through anaerobic digestion and also biomass gasification technology, as well as the disposal of land required for a nationally significant infrastructure project in London.
During Rebecca's time at Ashfords, she has undertaken a 6 month secondment to the London Development Agency where she was able to gain valuable insight into the workings of a government agency and the demands and objectives of a public sector developer.
- Developer: Acting for a Devon based development company over a period of more than ten years on both the purchase of a series of sites totalling approximately 35 acres and the subsequent redevelopment and disposal programmes, including ongoing letting of its office and light industrial premises totalling in excess of 150,000 square feet.
- Renewable energy company: Advising on the construction and operation of two new renewable energy facilities (gasification using waste biomass) in Birmingham and Leicestershire, including undertaking title due diligence, preparation of certificates of title and negotiation of the occupational lease and liaising with the Projects and Constructions Teams in relation to the funding and development aspects of the projects.
- Renewable energy company: Advising on the grant of a new lease for a renewable energy company undertaking refurbishment and refinance of an existing renewable energy facility.
- Private company: Advising on the disposal of land with a value of c£7 million, required for operational purposes in connection with a nationally significant infrastructure project.
- Home Owners Friendly Society Limited: Advising on the real estate aspects on the transfer of engagements of Home Owners Friendly Society Limited to Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited. The combined assets under management of the merged entity totalled £6 billion.