Nicholas Lykke Dahn
Nicholas is a Partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in acquisition and disposals, landlord and tenant, secured lending, development and joint ventures.
Nicholas frequently advises private and public companies on the sale and purchase of land and buildings including portfolio sales and SPV share sales. He is also experienced in acting for borrowers and lenders (HBOS plc, Barclays' specialist property finance team, Ahli United Bank, Anglo Irish Bank) in respect of a variety of different facility agreements, security and subsequent loan syndication.
Following university, Nick did a short service commission in the British Army and then went to law school, Nick joined DAC Beachcroft as a Trainee Solicitor, qualifying in 1997. After two years post-qualification, he joined PwC Legal before being recruited into the real estate department of Linklaters in 2001. Nick joined Ashfords in 2014.
- Private and public companies: Acting for private and public companies on the sale and purchase of land and buildings including portfolio sales and SPV share sales.
- National Grid: Advising on the real estate aspects of National Grid plc's c.£6 bn disposal of four local gas distribution networks; the £63.5m (net) sale and leaseback of National Grid's corporate headquarters; the acquisition and re-gearing of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty’s London HQ building.
- National Grid Property: Acting for National Grid Property on a number of brownfield development JV sales. Structuring transactions to mitigate the need to raise finance for speculative development and to comply with the requirements of the regulatory authority (OFGEM).
- Landlords and tenants: Numerous commercial leases and all manner of supplemental documents for various clients.
- Borrowers and Lenders: Acting for borrowers and lenders (HBOS plc, Barclays' Specialist Property Finance team, Ahli United Bank, Anglo Irish Bank) in respect of a variety of different facility agreements, security and subsequent loan syndication. A number of the HNW and corporate investments have also been structured as types of debt.
Forces in Real Estate - Poppy...
As part of Ashfords' membership of FiRE Club (Forces in Real Estate), Nick Lykke Dahn, Partner in the firm's Real...