Nicholas Lykke Dahn
Nicholas is a Partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in acquisition and disposals, landlord and tenant, secured lending, development and joint ventures.
Nicholas frequently advises private and public companies on the sale and purchase of land and buildings including portfolio sales and SPV share sales. He is also experienced in acting for borrowers and lenders (HBOS plc, Barclays' specialist property finance team, Ahli United Bank, Anglo Irish Bank) in respect of a variety of different facility agreements, security and subsequent loan syndication.
Following university, Nick did a short service commission in the British Army and then went to law school, Nick joined DAC Beachcroft as a Trainee Solicitor, qualifying in 1997. After two years post-qualification, he joined PwC Legal before being recruited into the real estate department of Linklaters in 2001. Nick joined Ashfords in 2014.
- National Grid Property: Advised on a number of brownfield development, JV and overage sales including the former Newmarket and Northampton Gas Works. Structuring transactions to mitigate the need to raise finance for speculative development and to comply with the requirements of the regulatory authority (OFGEM).
- Allianz Global Corporate & Speciality SE: Advised on the acquisition and re-gearing of Allianz House, Gracechurch Street, EC3.
- Bicester Heritage Ltd: Advised on the acquisition of RAF Bicester from the MoD.
- Borrowers and lenders (HBOS plc, Barclays' specialist property finance team, Ahli United Bank, Anglo Irish Bank and offshore HNW individuals): Acting for clients in respect of a variety of secured loan facilities including term, revolving and development facilities and subsequent loan syndication. A number of the HNW investments have been structured as types of debt.
- Mono-line insurer: Acting for the client advising on a tap issue involving the securitisation of a well-known pub chain (over 4,000 underlying properties).