Lianne is a Solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Team dealing primarily with contentious matters.
Lianne acts for a range of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors and sub-contractors.
Lianne's dispute resolution experience includes assisting with pre-action negotiations and all stages of the Pre-Action Protocol Process under the Pre-Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes, adjudications and court proceedings. Her non-contentious work includes advising on collateral warranties and consultants' appointments.
Lianne is chair of the Exeter Young Business Club ("XYBC"). XYBC was set up by Ashfords in 2002 to allow young professionals in the Exeter business community to meet and build relationships. Click here to find out more about XYBC.
- Devon County Council: Part of the team acting on a circa £11.5 million claim against the architect and contractor in relation to a defective school.
- Developer: Part of the team acting on a professional negligence claim for abortive fees and loss of profits in excess of £10 million in relation to the architectural design for a large hotel development.
- Exeter City Council: Part of the team acting on disputes in relation to contracts for structural engineering and mechanical and electrical engineering in relation to the refurbishment of the city museum.
- Maintenance contractor: Assisting with acting for a large maintenance contractor in adjudication proceedings on the appropriate interpretation of the maintenance contract relating to end of design life repairs.
- Employer: Acting on behalf of the employer in adjudication proceedings following contractor's allegation of repudiatory breach of contract under a bespoke contract.