Laura is a Solicitor in the Employment Team with experience of advising clients on a wide range of employment law and UK immigration matters.
She provides advice and HR support to clients, in both the public and private sector, on all areas of employment law. Laura has experience of defending employment law claims including claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
Laura also assists Ashfords' UK Immigration specialist, Kirsty Cooke, in advising on business immigration matters, including migrant workers’ right to work in the UK, sponsor obligations, sponsor licence applications and visa applications.
- London Borough Council: Advising the council on all employment law issues including complex disciplinary and grievance procedures involving allegations of discrimination, suspension pending the outcome of a police investigation, National Minimum Wage and holiday pay issues and defending claims for unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- Care provider: Issuing a claim under TUPE for a failure to provide accurate employee information prior to taking over a care service. Advice also provided on employment issues including disciplinary procedures, grievances and holiday pay issues.
- Private individual: Advising a senior employee on their exit from a national transport company, including negotiating a substantially enhanced exit package on their behalf and advising on the terms of a Settlement Agreement.
- Property agents: Advising on all employment law issues including a redundancy process and dismissals for poor performance.
- Mortgage provider: Advising on parental leave issues including Shared Parental Leave.
THE LATEST on "sleep-in" shifts in...
HM Revenue and Customs is responsible for taking action against employers who do not pay at least the National Minimum...
Can EU citizens living in the...
Since Britain's decision to leave the European Union was announced in June 2016, there has been widespread speculation about what...