Kurt is a Solicitor (Australian Qualified) in the Projects Team.
Kurt advises both private and public sector clients in relation to projects and acquisitions in the energy, transport and telecoms sectors. He assists the Projects Team across the full range of matters in which it is engaged, in particular by utilising his past experiences advising on the regulatory aspects of power generation project development and network interface issues.
- DVLA PPP: Advising the DVLA on various aspects of its operational accommodation PPP contract.
- Project sponsors and funders: Advising on regulatory aspects of solar and wind farm development, particularly in relation to the application of Australia's National Electricity Rules (NER).
- A multi-national consortium of investors: Advising on regulatory issues in relation to the privatisation and acquisition of Ausgrid, Australia's largest electricity distribution network.
- Queensland Competition Authority: Advising on the review of Aurizon’s US$ 5 billion rail access undertaking in respect of the world's largest coal rail network.
- A prominent Indonesian telecommunications company: Drafting and advising upon a technology and telecommunications outsourcing agreement and parallel strategic alliance with a multi-national IT consultancy.
Innovation in electricity generation and distribution...
Funding opportunities in edge-of-grid and storage technologies remain positive as the UK government provides an indication of its post-election energy...