Kirsten is a Solicitor in the Employment Team specialising in advising on contentious and non contentious issues for both businesses and individuals.
Kirsten's contentious work focuses largely on Employment Tribunal claims but also involves advising businesses and individuals on pre-litigation strategy in an attempt to settle potential claims before they can reach the Tribunal.
In addition to litigation Kirsten also works with clients on advisory matters such as HR policy and procedure and reacting to new and upcoming changes in legislation.
Prior to qualifying as a Solicitor Kirsten was a manager in the NHS for 5 years and has first-hand experience of both people and project management which are skills she draws upon day to day in her role as a Solicitor.
- Variety of businesses and sectors including care homes, property management companies and restaurants: Acting for Respondents in relation to claims bought through the Employment Tribunal system.
- Individual claimant: Settling a claim for Disability Discrimination against a large UK retailer.
- Variety of businesses and sectors including catering and IT: Drafting, negotiating and closing numerous settlement agreements to remove employees from the relevant business and mitigate the risk of claims arising as a result.
- Energy sector provider: Advising the HR contact as to the implementation of the process for Shared Parental Leave.
- An international recruitment agency: Advising a client as to the action that could be taken to restrain an employee from breaching the post termination restrictions contained in his contract of employment.